Thursday 13 February 2014

Victorian Hair Silhouettes - Decayed

Hair charts and practising designs:

1. 

The hair is smoothly scraped off the back of the neck to form the typically clean silhouette from the neck. This is then twisted into a fairly loose french pleat. Rather than the hair being brushed back at the front and twisted into the french pleat, the hair has been curled and messily twisted down over to one side of the face.





2.

In this design, the hair has been heavily backcombed and left messy and out of control. The hair has been pulled of the neck and face and meets at the same point of the head. Padding has been used at the front to create even more volume. Strands of hair have been loosely left at the sides of the face to emphasise the decayed effect.








3.

For this look, I've taken the traditional french pleat and taken it into three sections whilst bringing it over the head. I have done this with no precision so the hair looks dishevelled and messy. Strands of hair are coming down from the pleats everywhere to emphasise this.





4.

For this style I have decided to pull the hair up off the neck and bring it towards the face. The front of the hair, it is heavily backcombed. I also added padding to help create the shape. Again, i have loosened the hair and pulled sections out to make the hair look messy and worn. 





5.

For this look I just improvised on the dolls head rather than doing a design. I just wanted to see what i could create without any instruction and just go with my instinct. So for this look, I created a loose french pleat at the back to create the neat silhouette of the neck. On the crown of the head i parted the hair slightly to the side. I then created two rows of small rolls on each side then a roll of hair each side of the face to bring the rest of the hair up. I thought the individual shapes may create an interesting silhouette. The strands of hair at the side of the face would be curled, but I didn't have the correct equipment at the time of creating this. Again, the hair is heavily backcombed and messy.



6.

This design is very similar to the previous one. Instead of creating two rows on rolls on the top/front on the head, i decided to make three next to each other. Also, below the french pleat I decided to create another roll of hair which created the impression of a frame for the french pleat. The hair that is loosely pulled out of the updo are curled using tongs. I liked this design the most and decided to use it for my final design for the professional photograph.










Final Image:




No comments:

Post a Comment